How was the Prophet Muhammad Ring?
In The Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate
May Allah bless your engagement and grant you success (tawfiq) to follow His beloved messenger, Allah bless and grant him peace, in all your endeavors, outwardly and inwardly.
As a summary of in Tuhfah.1, wearing one silver ring with or without stone on his finger is sunnah for a man. Also if it has a stone, it is sunnah for it to face inwards towards his palm, out of emulation of the Prophet, Allah bless and grant him peace, who did this. You can wear it on the right or left hand, but according to the Shafi’i School the wearing to right is best.
As for the ring of our beloved Prophet Muhammad, Allah bless and grant him peace; wore a silver ring on his right hand, in it was an Abyssinian stone and he used to make the stone face his palm.
Here is Hadiths gives us some information about how was the Prophet Muhammad Ring;
- ‘Ali bin Abi Taalib Radiyallahu ‘Anhu says: “Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam wore his ring in the right hand”.
- Hazrat Hammaad bin Salamah says that he saw Hazrat Abdur Rahman bin Abi Rafe’ wearing a ring on his right hand. He asked him the reason and he replied, “I had seen Hazrat Abdullah bin Ja’far radiyallahu anhu wearing a ring on his right hand, and he said that he had seen the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam wear a ring on the right hand.”
- It is related from Hazrat Abdullah bin Ja’far radiyallahu anhu from another source (another chain of narrators) that the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam wore a ring on the right hand.
- Hazrat Jabir bin Abdullah radiyallahu anhu says, “The Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam wore the ring on the right hand.”
- Salt bin Abdullah says that Hazrat Ibn Abbas radiyallahu anhu wore a ring on the right hand, and as far as I can remember he used to say that the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam also wore it on the right hand.
- Hazrat Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu reports, “The Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam had a ring made of silver. The top portion remained towards the inside. On it was engraved ‘Muhammad the Rasoolullah’. The people were prohibited from making this inscription on their rings. This is the same ring which fell from the hands of Hazrat Mu’ayqib radiyallahu anhu into the well of Arees during the reign of Hazrat Uthman radiyallahu anhu.”
- Imam Muhammad Baaqir relates that Hazrat Hasan radiyallhu anhu and Hazrat Husain radiyallahu anhu, both wore their rings on their left hands.
- It is related from Hazrat Anas radiyallahu anhu that the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam wore a ring on the right hand, and some people have also related from Hazrat Anas radiyallahu anhu that the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam wore a ring on the left hand.
- Hazrat Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu relates that the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam had a ring made of gold which he wore on his right hand. The Sahabah radiyallahu anhum in imitating the Prophet of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam also had gold rings made for themselves. Thereafter, the Prophet of Allah sallallah alaihe wasallam threw away the gold ring and said, “I will never wear it again.”
In brief we understand from Hadiths that Prophet Muhammad Ring was silver.
How is Prophet Muhammad Ring Shape?
As we know Prophet Muhammad has a silver ring and on the ring writing محمد يا رسول الله means Mohammed Rasul Allah (Mohammed messenger of God).
s are one of the best seller rings worldwide due to benefits of Aqeeq. This special gemstone also known as Agate in English and عقيق نبات in arabic language.
Our company started to design custom made Aqeeq rings at 1970. However after internet become popular, today it is very easy to find cheap Chinese Fake Aqeeq Stones and rings at market. After we get lots of inquires from our customers about a guide for Real Aqeeq Stones we prepared this guide for you. In this Aqeeq Stone Guide we will inform you about understanding real Aqeeq stones, color variations of Aqeeq stones and benefits of Aqeeq stones.